Initial Booking Consultation – 30-90 minutes
At this visit we can complete the necessary paperwork, answer questions, discuss keys, and tour your home while you provide instructions on how I can best care for your pet.
Base Rate Visit – Minimum 45 minutes
Litter scooping, feeding, medication administration, fresh water, and playtime/cuddles. Mail retrieval, plant watering, and light/blind adjustment is also included in this service.
5+ Cat Visit – Minimum 60 minutes
I will be happy to refer you to another pet sitter if you are out of our service area or I am unavailable for your requested dates.
The use of a lockbox system eliminates the need for the keys to ever leave your home. They are a safe way to ensure your key will never be lost. The code for your lockbox will never be shared with anyone with the exception of a substitute sitter. Lockboxes can be removed from the home after the visit without an appointment.
Although a lockbox is recommended, The Cat Lady will also accept the use of a spare key given to the sitter at the consultation.
Please advise sitter at time of consultation whether you would like your key returned/lockbox removed at the end of the visit period or if you would prefer the sitter to use them in the future.
There may be a time when I will need the help of a substitute sitter if I am unable to make a visit. Calling in a substitute is not normal practice and I will try my best to always be at the appointments myself. Having substitutes ensures that The Cat Lady will NEVER miss a visit. Please note that when you sign our sitter agreement you do agree to the use of a substitute sitter if needed. All substitutes are insured.
It is the policy of The Cat Lady to not provide service for outdoor cats. When your cats are outside and on their own, anything can happen to them, and I don’t want to be responsible for cats whose environment I cannot control. I apologize and hope this does not cause too much disappointment. This does not apply to feral cats that you feed. If you have a question about this, please contact me, and we might be able to work something out.
- Payment in full is due 24 hours after the start date of the booking. Payments can be made by check, credit card, or Square Cash. Credit card payments will incur a 2.75% fee. Special arrangements for late payment may be made if agreed upon by both parties in writing. A $5 per visit late charge will be assessed to service that is not paid in time (with the exception of those who have made special arrangements with The Cat Lady).
- The Cat Lady will not provide service for cats that have unrestricted outdoor access.
- Appointments must be made 24 hours prior to service. Appointments scheduled within 24 hours of the requested service will be charged a one-time $5.00 fee.
- Services cannot be scheduled more than 3 weeks in advance, with the exception of holiday bookings.
- The Pet Owner agrees to contact The Cat Lady within 24 hours of their scheduled arrival home to ensure the health and safety of the pets.
- There will be a $20 service charge for each returned check.
- Cancellation Charge Schedule (% applies to entire service period total):
- 0 – 24 hours prior to any non-holiday service: 50% of service total is due (equals a 50% refund)
- 0 – 7 days prior to any holiday service: 50% of service total is due (equals a 50% refund)
- Reservations affect the sitter’s ability to take on additional clients. Therefore, clients returning home early will be assessed a fee of $25. However, clients will be refunded for the unused services.
- The Cat Lady is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. The Cat Lady will work hard to follow your written directions as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not favorable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof surface in plain sight, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water damaged areas, missed plants, or any additional damage caused by watering indoor plants.
- The Cat Lady is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter. The Cat Lady agrees to remain insured through PSA or a comparable pet sitting liability insurance entity during each service period. The Cat Lady accepts no responsibility for loss to the premises if other individuals have access to a client’s home.
- At the time that service is booked, Owner will notify pet sitter of everyone who has been granted access to the home during the service period.
- The Cat Lady is not liable for any loss or damage in the event a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Pet Owner agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. The Cat Lady will attempt to re-secure the home to client instructions at the end of each visit. Keys will remain properly secured in the provided lock box while pet sitter is away from the property.
- Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Pet Sitters, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics.
- The terms of this document apply to all the pets cared for by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
- Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing house. The Cat Lady will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will also not be liable for the death, injury, disappearance, or legal consequences of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- The Cat Lady is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the sitter. However, the company is not responsible for the health/well being of the animal.
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, litter, and pet carriers (in case of emergencies). Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse The Cat Lady within 14 days for all purchases made.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend The Cat Lady, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
- It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a disaster or weather related event/crisis/”Code Red”. The Cat Lady will try to see to your pets safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
- Client agrees to discuss any concerns with The Cat Lady within 24 hours of return after service.